There are a number of free mobile data usage offers by mobile networks. Social mobile app like Facebook also offers free Facebook basics which requires no mobile data usage. This is great but, your mobile data still be in used in background and you get charged for it.
There are multiple reasons of background mobile data usage. Following are the common reasons behind background mobile data usage:-
- Some mobile apps download their updates in background.
- You might have allowed some apps to auto-sync data e-g: Gmail or similar apps.
- You might forget to disable mobile data after using it in mobile browser and some websites keep refreshing their data in background.
To ensure that your mobile data is not being used in background, follow these steps to turn of background mobile data:-
- Go to your mobile ‘Settings’.
- Locate ‘Wireless Networks’ or similar option. Tap it.
- Locate ‘Data Usage’ setting option. Tap it.
- Tap on menu icon or slide for menu options under Data Usage.
- Check the setting option ‘Restrict Background Data’.
- Uncheck the setting option ‘Auto-Sync Data’.
- Save setting or it may be automatically saved.
This ensures that no mobile app will be able to use your mobile data in background prior to your permission.
Did you face any other issue with background mobile data usage? Please share it in comments to help everyone.